- Please try to attend ALL classes ON TIME so that you don’t interrupt and slow down your classmates.
- It is disrespectful and very rude to your teacher and classmates if you frequently arrive very late. If you are late more than twice a week, you will be fined $1 which will be used for parties throughout the year.
- Students must attend a minimum of 70% of their class time to receive credits for their studies.
- If you know that you will have to miss a class in advance, please let the teacher know so that s/he can plan for your absence. If you are too sick to come, please try to call the school in the morning so that we don’t worry.
- And sorry, but lots of snow, or big hangovers, are NOT acceptable reasons to miss class!!!! If your teachers have to come, so do you!
- Absent students are referred to the recruitment and marketing team for follow-up.
- The following week, if a student is not in attendance, a first warning letter will be issued to the student and added to the student’s file.
- If the student’s attendance level does not return to an acceptable level, a second warning letter will be issued and the recruitment and marketing team member and, if appropriate, agent or parent will be informed. This is added to the student’s file.
- If a student’s attendance has still not returned to an acceptable level, a final warning letter will be issued. This will inform the student that if they miss any more classes their enrolment will be cancelled and the CIC will be informed if they are on a study permit. This letter is also added to the student’s file.
- A final email will be sent to the student, informing them that their enrolment has been cancelled and CIC informed if they are on a study permit. This is also added to the student’s file.